Thursday, July 12, 2012

Black Swallowtail Caterpillar

While I was wandering in the yard taking pictures, I found this caterpillar on the Bronze Fennel.   

Of course that's the reason I planted the fennel in the first place, and the dill and several other herbs.  In hopes of attracting the Black Swallow Butterfly so she would choose that plant to feed her young.  I must say he's quite the eater, but that's okay, it's all for him.  I wonder if there will be more?

The Purple Cone Flower is another plant they love. 
Last year I found and had to have this new coneflower,  I believe it's Red Salsa.
I know this is odd and hard to believe, it is for me anyway, but my Wisteria is blooming again.  Maybe it's due to global warming, but whatever the reason for the onset of more blooms, I'm very pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment