Monday, August 8, 2011

These blooming flowers

It seems like I wait all spring and the beginning of summer, wishing to get to this time, when all my plants are in bloom.  Then I want the clock to slow down, even start going backwards, so I can savor these weeks.
Shasta Daisies...the quintessential summer flower.
Echinacea, commonly called the Cone Flower, is a native plant from the Aster family, and can grow up to 3 1/2 feet tall.
One of my husbands favorites is the Black Eyed Susan, which can also get nearly 3 feet tall.
I'm quite pleased with the production of the Serrano Peppers.  They are surpassing all my other peppers.
And this Orchid is amazing me, it's just as beautiful and full of color as when I  posted it on June 8th, and the fifth one had not yet opened .  But the first one was at least 5 weeks old at that time.  They are still stunning.  You've got to remember, Colorado is a desert.


No comments:

Post a Comment