Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Overnight roasted tomatoes

Going to roast a pan of Sun Golds and Husky Cherry Reds.
Found a recipe in one of Nigella Lawson's cookbooks for overnight roasting.  Actually, it's more like overnight marinating.  Cut them in half, then sprinkle with olive oil, thyme, salt and a little sugar and pop them in a preheated 450 degree oven.
You  then turn the oven off and let them sit overnight.  While they are good like this, next time I'll let them roast at least 15 minutes or so before I turn off the heat.  I'll  also add some chopped garlic and fresh cracked pepper to the mix.  
But I must tell you, they were absolutely the perfect addition to one of my quick and easy favorite lunches: albacore tuna, white beans, kalamata olives and fresh cilantro.


No comments:

Post a Comment