Monday, August 27, 2012

Gazpacho is in the yard

I had a light bulb moment when trying to think of what to do with the abundance of vegetables coming out of the garden.  Gazpacho mostly consists of  tomatoes and cucumbers; I've definitely got both of those.  I'm not going to take the skins off the tomatoes or add tomato juice to the mix, simply throw in the washed and cut vegetables.
That's what I did.  Into the food processor....whatever ripe tomatoes I had at the moment..green zebra, celebrity, black krim, tomatillo and pineapple tomatillos.
I did peel the skin off the cucumbers, diced a red pepper, a small onion, and a couple of garlic cloves.  When that was a smooth puree, I added  1/4 cup of white wine vinegar and some salt and pepper.  Then refrigerated it overnight.  
When I have a cup of this, I shake in a few drops of Sriracha, and top it with a couple of cubes of diced avocado.  You could use Tobasco or any hot sauce you like.  A spoonful of sour cream or Greek yogurt stirred in is good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment