Friday, March 21, 2014

Spring On

Spring is an inspiring season for me. Climbing out of a snowy Winter and cold temperatures I am only limited by my imagination. Having turned two big corners ~ Daylight Saving Time and the calendar flipping past the first day of spring ~ well, my imagination is in high gear. I am working hard to keep it in check, unlike last year. I can confidently say that I will not grow more than twelve tomato plants this year, rather than the seventeen of last season. The words of wisdom, just because you can doesn't mean you should, have become my mantra whenever I open my garden planning book. 

These perennial Hellebore's, more commonly known as Lenten Roses, remind me of tissue paper flowers.  I can almost see right through the petals. 
Just as delicate though not as translucent, these red hybrids are also pretty eye candy.  Lenten Roses are best known for their very early blooming and nodding cup shaped flowers.
The colorful crocus want nothing more than to brighten an otherwise dormant garden bed.
Close to the kitchen door and easily accessed, a small patch of fresh green onions in full sun is a treat for any cook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment