Friday, December 7, 2012

Feta Caesar Dressing

I know I've said this before, but I'm going to say it again...if you make your own salad dressing, rather than buying a bottled one, you know exactly what is in it More importantly, you know what is not in it, preservatives or unnecessary fillers.  Last week, cooking with my girlfriend at her house in the Keys, we made this wonderful Feta Caesar Dressing for dinner one night.  Feta cheese is a frequent addition to salads at my house.  I really enjoy the sharpness of the cheese in contrast to the mild greens and other vegetables.
Feta Caesar Dressing
2 Tb crumbled Feta cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
8 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
2 Tb lemon juice
1/2 C Parmesan, finely grated
1 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
Put everything but the olive oil in a glass jar and shake it good.  Add the oil and shake it even longer.  Sample it; adjust to taste the lemon juice, salt and pepper.   When I'm making a salad dressing that is more than we'll use in one evening, I like to assemble it in a glass jar; it's easy to blend and ready for storage in the refrigerator.  You can just as easily whisk it all together in a mixing bowl.  Personally, I like the chunks of Feta, but if you prefer it smoother, you could use a food processor or blender to incorporate the ingredients. 

No comments:

Post a Comment