Monday, October 22, 2012

The Dwarf Banana Tree

I have had terrific success with my potted citrus trees, so it stands to reason that I would bring another into the group.  I know this is going to sound crazy, but....I began looking at banana trees. 
Naturally, none of the local nurseries here in Denver have banana trees as part of their inventory, so I had to order from out of state.  The box was crumpled in a few places when it arrived, which lead to me being a little apprehensive about opening the package, but my fears were unfounded.  This was obviously not the first time Jackson and Perkins had packed and shipped live goods.
Welcome the new guy on the block, a dwarf banana tree.  After I got him unboxed and potted, he was introduced to his new friends.  He seems to be acclimating quite well.
I thought being surrounded by other Tropical plants would help him feel a sense of home right away, so I placed him near the Bougainvillea, Hibiscus and Gardenia.  Home~Sweet~Home

No comments:

Post a Comment