Saturday, October 16, 2010

Brussel sprouts & Soap

Brussel sprouts.....one of my favorite vegetables. They are at the local stores now, for $1.00 a lb.  Mine, in the garden, won't be ready for another two months.  Anyway, I've bought seven pounds of brussel sprouts in the past two days.  So I have been blanching and freezing them.  Today I made marinated brussel sprouts, because we have guests coming over for dinner tomorrow night!

Made a batch of Lilac Buttermilk  Soap today, it is one of my favorites.  I LOVE this soap.  Everything about it is heavenly.  It smells great, feels great, cleans great.  What's not to love?  Totally refreshing, no preservatives, organic.....again, what's not to love??
I made this batch of Oatmeal- Honey Soap yesterday. Cold processed soaps need to set in a  mold for 24 hours, wrapped in a wool blanket, then I take it out and cut it into bars, and let it set for another two weeks, so it can cure. They look great.  I love everyone of them:)

No comments:

Post a Comment