Thursday, May 30, 2013

Tropical Fruit Trees

On a nice warm day, two weeks ago, I transplanted 5 of my fruit trees.  There were two reasons for doing this: 1-most of them needed to get into a larger growing space; and 2-I wanted them to be in a lighter weight pot for ease of moving.
Meyer Lemon, Clementine, Seedless Lime and 2 Dwarf Banana Trees.  Everyday they are exposed to a little more direct-sun time, and soon will be enjoying full days of sunshine.
I have also repotted the Dragonfruit and Cavendish Banana.  All have been trimmed, including the Bay Laurel and Kaffir Lime, which didn't need to be up-potted this year.  Apparently they are all happy to be outdoors again, enjoying the warmer temperatures.
The Clementine and Lime trees are sporting fruit to show their appreciation.  I'm looking forward to a productive growing season.

No comments:

Post a Comment