Friday, February 1, 2013

Energy Bites

It's February and the days are getting noticeably longer, which is one of the things I love about this time of year.  Here is a great little no bake pick-me-up that will help power you through those extra daylight tasks.  I found this at www.gimmesomeoven.comThese little energy balls are filled with some of my favorite things.
Pumpkin No Bake Energy Bites
Yield: About 25 1-inch balls
Ingredients:
    1 C (packed) chopped dates
    1/4 cup honey
    1/4 cup pumpkin puree
    1 Tb chia seeds
    1 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/2 tsp ground ginger
    1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
    pinch of salt
    1 C old-fashioned oats
    1 C toasted coconut flakes
    1 C toasted pumpkin seeds
Whenever I use dates, I cut them in to small pieces with my kitchen shears.  That way my food processor doesn't have to work as hard to chop and incorporate them. 
Place the dates, honey, pumpkin puree, chia seeds, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt in a food processor, and pulse until smooth and combined.  Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and stir in the oats, coconut flakes and pumpkin seeds until evenly distributed.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.  Once the mixture has hardened a little, use a spoon or cookie scoop to shape into 1" balls.  

You can store these flavor packed energy balls, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment