Saturday, September 22, 2012

It can't be fall yet....

What happened?  We were only gone a couple of days.  Upon returning I find aspen leaves on the ground.  That's not suppose to happen until fall.
The dwarf burning bush has turned red.  Okay, I know today is the first official day of fall according to the calendar.  But with temperatures being the way they have been, it really doesn't seem like it should be fall.
That, and the fact that I'm not ready to give up on everything that is growing in my garden right now, is why I'm not calling it FALL just yet.
But I will continue to use the apples that are ripening on my tree.
Too many apples == apple juice.  Unfiltered, fresh pressed, no preservatives, just plain good apple juice.  Because really, how many apple pies can you freeze?
I like how the layers settle, but shake well before pouring.  You don't want to loose out on any of those fresh nutrients.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment