Monday, April 9, 2012

Spring Blossoms

Every spring we amend the garden and renew the soil in the annual pots. Today we picked up our second yard of soil.  While my yard man, aka: my husband, moved the soil to the vegetable garden one wheelbarrow at a time, I transplanted several things I had been wanting to move to better locations.
Spring blossoms rejuvenate my spirit.  Hyacinths are long bloomers with a wonderful aroma.
This Pink Flowering Almond reminds me of cotton candy, and the bees seem to love it.
The Lenten Rose blooms between January and April.  I have two new varieties to add to this bed.
No need to feel bad for my yard man, the wheelbarrow path from front to back is filled with the intoxicating scent of blooming lilacs. 
Okay, let us all put on our big girl panties, grab a shovel and get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment