Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Cucumbers aplenty



 


























I took these photos at mornings first light.  There's a marketmore cucumber, with a pickling cucumber growing next to it.  Do you notice the 'bright lights' Swiss chard red stems just behind them?  Good salad days are here,  along with more gazpacho and some pickle making.
These sunflowers are nearly eight feet tall.  Just after I took the photo of the cucumbers,  I looked up and saw that brilliant yellow flower against the blue sky.  There is never a need to plant sunflower seeds, the birds always take care of the planting.  I don't allow many to be present in the vegetable garden because as they grow they tend to block out the valuable sun rays, but I did leave a few in the center of the garden this year.  They make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment