Thursday, August 8, 2013

Today's Garden Happenings

Walking back to the garden I do Breathe In, and currently I'm having to duck down as I enter, otherwise I'd be hit on the head by the birdhouse gourds.
To my delight, the Wisteria is having a second flush of flowers.  I did a lot more trimming today, trying to keep the wispy ends in check.

Beets are usually not at the top of the list when it comes to favorite vegetables; probably not even in the top ten.  I like to roast them wrapped in a foil package, first drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper.  The skins easily slip off between my fingers and the little gems are as brilliant as ruby, garnet and amethyst stones.
Sadly, the squirrels have discovered the grapes are starting to ripen.  I picked nearly five pounds.  Hopefully they will finish eating the bounty they scattered all over the ground and leave the rest to ripen.

No comments:

Post a Comment