Saturday, August 13, 2011

Long live the Foodsaver

I have been using a Food Saver for nearly ten years.  In case you don't know about this appliance, it vacuum seals food to maintain it's freshness for later use.  I think it's one of the greatest inventions since Pam, the non-stick cooking spray.  The good thing about needing to replace this is that they are constantly reinventing the wheel on this kind of item.
 

I like the new vertical design.  It's almost a hands free unit, put the bar down and press a button, no more holding the lid until it engages.  The options for sealing- dry, moist, delicate..I wasn't so sad that my old one died.  It's also great for storing dehydrated foods for camping.  And when you have 15 lbs of chicken that you found at the grocery store, you have a way to keep it fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment